Conservation in North America
In September of 2016, at the World Conservation Congress (WCC), the NAWPA Committee released “Conservation in North America: An Analysis of Land-based Conservation in Canada, Mexico, and the United States by NAWPA Agencies”, a report produced by NAWPA agencies which identifies and assesses the extent of lands that are protected and managed for conservation across North America. This report is the result of collaboration between protected areas agencies in Canada, Mexico, and the United States that illustrates the value—and the importance—of international cooperation to address current and future conservation challenges.
- English – “Conservation in North America: An Analysis of Land-based Conservation in Canada, Mexico, and the United States by NAWPA Agencies”
- French – “Évaluation de l’état de la conservation en Amérique du Nord : une analyse de la conservation des terres au Canada, aux États-Unis et au Mexique par les organismes du NAWPA”
- Spanish – “La Conservación en América del Norte: Análisis de Conservación Terrestre en Canadá, Estados Unidos de América y México por los Agencias NAWPA”
To raise awareness of the NAWPA Report and Conservation in North America the agencies prepared and published the following products:
- Story Map – Presentation for the Global Release of the Conservation in North America report at WCC (http://arcg.is/2bBAcrW)
- Postcards – (English, French, Spanish).
- Video – Global Release of report at WCC, recorded on September 2nd, 2016 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vcJmzfcZCo)
- Poster – Grasslands Demonstration Areas: A Landscape Approach to Temperate Grassland Conservation in the North American Great Plains